The annual INSIGHT Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award recognizes colleges and universities that are dedicated to excellence in the pursuit of DEI across their campuses. The application for the award is rigorous and comprehensive, digging deep into policies, strategies, programs, initiatives, demographics, and protocols. Why should you invest the time and effort to apply?
Here are the 10 top reasons to work collaboratively with your university colleagues to complete the HEED Award application.
1) The HEED Award application serves as an internal assessment tool to measure your institution’s strengths and weaknesses in advancing DEI principles.
2) Receiving the HEED Award signals to students, employees, alumni, donors, grantors, and campus recruiters that your hard work and accomplishments have a positive impact on your campus.
3) A HEED Award recognition often serves as a jumping-off point for future DEI conversations, institutional strategic planning, and program development.
4) Recognition for your success in DEI motivates your campus community to keep the momentum going.
5) You’ll learn from and educate other higher education colleagues who do this work in innovative and successful ways.
6) Winners receive complimentary access to the coveted HEED Award logos for use in marketing materials and press release templates to help you share this important news with your constituents and communities.
7) Being a HEED Award winner will encourage students and employees to choose your school over other institutions.
8) The HEED Award is the only national recognition to honor higher education institutions that prioritize DEI excellence.
9) Applying for the HEED Award is free — there are no hidden costs.
10) The HEED Award is presented by an unbiased, expert resource — INSIGHT is the oldest, most widely read magazine covering all aspects of DEI in higher education.